Dana Wicker Atkins for EDUCATION

Please vote on May 4th!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I am about...

I did not come about the decision to run for Lee County Board of Education lightly. But, as anyone who knows me will agree, I am extremely devoted to making a difference. I am a workaholic, love a challenge and thrive in difficult situations.

That being said, many people still think I am crazy. I agree. But when I can't fall asleep at night because of issues we have in our public school system, then I have to get involved.

I hope that by running in this race I will get people excited about making changes for our community. Our children are the most important piece of our community's puzzle, and we need to effect change that will bring about a better, more cohesive learning environment that is great for all.

Tomorrow I will post all of the ways I hope to achieve this goal. Most of them simple, as this is not rocket-science. It is simply stepping out of a box that has been built around an establishment.

An open door and open-minded board of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment